Flight Levels Coach
Agile is chic, agile is in! Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS or MorE… In organizations different methods are being screwed in, employees are being trained up and down, so that the company finally acts agile on the market. For the customer, this usually improves – NOTHING. In this curriculum you learn everything you need to achieve real business agility.
What is this all about
- Applying Flight Levels to consistently focus on customer value (from idea to impact)
- Coordinating various management methods to improve your outcomes
- Connecting Agile Islands – from Scrum to Design Thinking to SAFe – to enterprise-wide business agility
- Providing state-of-the-art techniques and tools for implementation for managers and coaches
- Practicing a lot by working on real-life examples
Practical applicability is most important to us!
The training program exclusively deals with challenges and solutions from companies that have implemented Flight Levels or are about to do so. You will learn how business agility can be developed, transfer these insights to your context and receive valuable feedback on your own approach.
Is this training right for me?
- You are a middle or senior manager who wants to improve your company´s success
- You already have experience as an agile coach and now want to be more effective at the corporate level.
- You want to break through the boundaries of agile teams and achieve business agility for your entire organization.
- Your company is in the middle of an agile transformation, different agile methods are already in use, but success is still to come.
- You want to know how you can support managers and employees professionally
- You are not a fan of framework religions, marketing posters and mash recipes but want a customized approach for your organization.
The content at a glance
Facilitating Flight Levels-Workshops
- Principles of agile facilitation
- Interactive Workshops as drivers of change
- Fostering agile Interactions
- Facilitating Flow Experiments
- Middle and senior managers as coachees
- Psychology of management coaching
- Line managers as sponsors of change
- Feedback to managers
Coaching Change Teams
- Role of the change team
- Composure and development of change teams
- Helping change teams effectively
Designing Flight Levels-Workshops
- Introductory workshop
- Expert Draft of a Flight Levels 2 system
- Flight Levels 2 workshop
- Expert Draft of a Flight Levels 3 system
- Flight Levels 3 Design-Workshop
- Expert Draft of an architecture
- Architecture workshop
- Improvement workshop
- Classic traps
- Current challenges from your Flight Levels practice
- Methods of peer coaching
- Solutions for your daily business
Target group and general requirements
- The training is aimed at middle and senior managers and experienced agile coaches.
- The content of the Flight Levels Coaching program is based on the basic workshops Flight Levels Flow Design (FLFD), Flight Levels Change Leadership (FLCL) and Flight Levels Systems Architecture (FLSA).
- We require a sound knowledge of agile approaches and practical experience with modern management systems (such as Scrum, Design Thinking, Kanban, Self-organisation, SAFe or LeSS) in mid-sized and large companies.
- You have the willingness to bring in your personal experiences and to continuously implement what you have learned.
Flight Levels Coaching requirements
Consider the list as a self-assessment that shows you whether you meet the requirements for the training program.
Flight Levels Flow Design
- I have a deep understanding of flow-based work.
- I understand the difference between FL 2 and FL 3 boards.
- I understand the complexity of FL3 boards and can build FL3 boards.
- I know what is essential for FL2 visualization.
- I can build effective Flight Level 2 boards.
- I can use the 4 Flight Levels activities in board building.
- I can guide an organization to create focus.
- I can establish measurements and counter measurements that serve as a feedback loop.
- I can define the relevant agile interactions for a working system.
Flight Levels ChangE Leadership
- I am capable of facilitating the first conversation to clarify the building blocks on the work level, relationship level and business level and define at least one next step.
- I am capable of facilitating longer conversations to learn more about the current situation, business context, improvement areas, systems as well as people and to agree on how to proceed.
- I am capable of applying professional coaching techniques such as questioning, active listening, observing, getting or receiving feedback or visualising.
- I am capable of balancing expertise („technical know-how“), group dynamics (“social know-how“) and self-awareness („emotional intelligence“).
- I am capable of shifting between different roles such as individual sparring partner, team coach, workshop facilitator, flight levels trainer or consultant.
- I am capable of co-creating an agile approach to change.
- I am capable of effectively collaborate with people from different areas, functions and hierarchy levels.
- I am capable of facilitating agile interactions both in standardized meetings (such as standups or retrospectives) and tailored workshops.
- I am capable of communicating with managers on an eye-to-eye level.
- I am capable of facilitating large group events to inform and engage many people at once.
- I am capable of applying my own capabilities to foster continuous improvement of systems as well as people.
Flight Levels Systems Architecture
- I understand why team agility rarely leads to more business agility.
- I know what FL1, FL2, and FL3 systems are all about.
- I know the 4 Flight Levels activities.
- I understand how Flight Levels can be used to move from a multi-year strategy to operational work units.
- I can create Flight Levels architectures for an organization.
- I can determine flight items and flight routes of an organization.
- I can interpret flight routes and conclude the involvement of employees.
- I know the essential agile interactions to promote company-wide business agility.
- I understand the basics of an agile change process.