What is Flight Levels?
Digital and Agile transformations, tend to focus on the individuals and teams and too little on the interactions between them.
This usually creates friction, frustration and seldom much improvement.
Flight Levels will help you to focus on important matters.
Establish the Missing Links between Strategy and Operational Agility
Team agility is not business agility
Our clients’ 4 common problems
“SO MANY DEPENDENCIES WE ARE CONSTANTLY WAITING ON OTHER TEAMS”
“ALL TEAMS ARE AGILE, BUT CUSTOMER DELIVERY STILL TAKES AGES.”
“PRIORITY IS CONSTANTLY SHIFTING, WE HAVE MORE WORK THAN CAPACITY, IT’S HARD TO KNOW WHAT’S REALLY IMPORTANT”
“Want to become agile!? So why do you make waterfall style plans for the change?“
The Flight Levels Concept
Think of organisations as 3 Levels of interrelated goals:
- Level 1, Operations – teams and individuals, where the work gets delivered, the product made and customers helped.
- Level 3, at the top Guiding us we have Strategy. The priority and direction of the company.
- Connecting them is Level 2 – Coordination. Between the Levels, and across the teams
Flight Levels helps you…
- Understand and manage flow, between teams
- Connect the levels to each other, creating shared focus
- Keep the collective focus on delivering Company Strategy.
As a result, you can…
- See your capacity in real-time. With appropriate detail at each level.
- Measure the outcomes, not just outputs, and Gauge progress towards Strategic Goals.
- Teams can see how operational work connects to strategy. Leaders see how Strategy connects to Reality